We're looking for a great front-end developer that loves making users smile, a content marketing pro to get Everyst stories to readers, a project manager to maker sure we stay on target and on time, and of course great interns to keep us in check and introduce new ideas to the mix!
Before getting into the details of who we're looking for, let us tell you about where we want to go with Everyst!
Reawaken imagination by telling stories that fit real-time.
Reawaken imagination like we all had when we were younger. The imagination that makes you dream of going out in the world and doing something like climbing Everest, going to space, and going beyond where you are now.
By telling stories like our parents and favorite authors told and tell us. Stories that we experience by putting ourselves by seeing through the hero's eyes or looking into the antagonist's.
Stories that fit real-time. Literally, we mean stories that are told in real-time, little-by-little as the characters live through them. More importantly, it means making stories that fit our real daily lives outside of the free-time when we can watch movies and read books, by telling stories in seconds long chapters.
Empower a new generation of Tezukas, Tolkiens, and many more
Give artists like the ones in our library new medium to create their story, and an app to grow their audience in. Helping them to explore new ways to get in touch with their readers, not with marketing, just with their story.
Normalize "grownups" reading manga and comics like in Japan
In Japan there's no stigma around reading manga, it's for all ages and everyone! We think that's great, cause stories like Space Brothers help keep dreams alive, and we want to do that worldwide with our new style of comics/manga!
Grow awareness, educate, and build empathy through fiction
Facts and non-fiction aren't always the best educators. Sometimes you've got to spend time with someone or even walk in their shoes to feel for them. That's why we're donating stories and collaborations to NPO's.
The kind of people we're looking to meet
Binge watchers who go beyond watching and dream about the worlds their characters live in.
Readers and audiobook listeners who are constantly plugged into a story.
Gamers who don't just play to win, but play for what happens next.
Creative people who love telling their own stories.
And most importantly people who know they belong with us, even if they don't fit the criteria
What we hope to offer them is…
The chance, no the opportunity to change the world!.. but maybe more important to you right now is:
The chance to make Everyst yours as an owner in the company with an options package, and continued opportunities to grow within the team and beyond.
We work hard and we are looking for people that can be emotionally invested, but also that can balance themselves. We're not an on call 24/7 kind of team. When you're on you're expected to be on, and when you're off, turn off Slack!
A budget to invest in your projects and in yourself. If there's a conference you should be at tell us, if there's something that would help you work better lets get it! You'll be in charge of a budget to make sure you can do your best work, even though we don't like to think of it as just work.
We also offer full health care and all the general benefits, along with annual salary raises, and can help you maintain your Japanese visa if necessary.
Who we're looking to meet
A content marketing specialist,
growth hacker, strategist, or whatever title you call yourself as long as you can show how your words translate to numbers.
• PR outreach and developing partnerships with outside brands
• Social ad management experience
• Google Analytics or a similar tool
• Developing posts and content
Who'd be working on:
• Finding the right niches and communities for our stories.
• Making sure there's a system in place so authors have everything they need to tell the world about their stories.
• Developing partnerships with brands and story owners that would be excited to tell the world about stories featuring them.
• Managing advertising funnels and refining based on analytics.
• Working with our design team to create new promo campaigns.
• Letting us know what's missing on this list!
A specialist frontend or backend developer that is ready to know our full stack and carve out a part of it for them. We are always looking to add another specialist for our web publisher or mobile reader. Rockstars, ninjas, etc need not apply just developers ;)
Experienced with at least one of the following:
• Firebase or comparable architecture
• Native Mobile Development (Android or iOS)
Who’d be working on:
• Building out our web publisher and adding new features to help authors spread their stories.
- or -
• Adding creative new onboarding to our reader app and features to encourage conversation and inviting friends to our community.
- and -
• Collaborating with our designers to ensure designs are usable and not too costly to implement.
A bilingual sales and partnerships professional with a passion for either manga, games, or anime and would love to help storytellers expand their brand through Everyst.
• CRM tools and generating leads
• Making sales presentations
• Designing rough or finished versions of presentations
Who’d be working on:
• Finding partners in the Japanese and overseas entertainment industries to create adaptations, prequels, and side-stories through Everyst.
• Generating leads by attending events, online advertizements, cold emailing, and tapping their existing network.
• Working with our story production team to ensure that the story is one that the partner will love!
A bilingual part-time operations assistant to support the team, make sure they get paid, help onboard new employees, and help with events/marketing production!
• Manage a payroll/pay invoices
• Track expenses and report on budgets
• Able to contact Tokyo government offices regarding insurance, social security, etc.
A writer with a passion for new media, and who loves crafting stories as much as helping other writers find the best way to tell their own! To become a part-time writing coordinator.
• Editing, revising, and providing feedback for written work.
• Community management
• Communication for pitching and completing projects
Who’d be working on:
• Connecting and working with writers, illustrators, and photographers to pitch, develop, and create stories our readers will love!
• Helping and advising writers to develop their voice on a new social media writing platform.
• Managing a community of writers and helping them to hit their deadlines in time for publication.
Analyzing data to help us uncover new stories to craft and old stories to revisit!
We're looking for marketing interns who have their own social media presence. Story production interns who are ready to tell a story to tell or collaborate with another creator through illustrations, photos, videos, or words. Development interns who are ready to learn about our process and consistently shipping code.
Our internships last 3-months and require at least 20+ hr's p/wk. We hope you'll grow as part of our team and that after your internship we won't be able to resist offering you stock options and a full-time paid position with our team!
* For interns college-credit based internships or paid internships are available dependent upon skill-level
We hope to meet you soon!
Send us a message below, along with any relevant links where we can learn more about you, and maybe a resume or portfolio. We'll look forward to you dropping by our office for a cup of cold brew coffee soon!